Global consultation on individual chapters
Draft chapters of the revised SEEA EEA will be progressively distributed in batches covering related topics with a commenting period lasting approximately 6 weeks. The comments received will be made public on this website, which will continue to serve as a repository of the technical papers prepared during the revision process, presentations and minutes of meetings. All comments on the chapters should be provided using the accompanying comments form. Please find the relevant documents related to the global consultation:
- Letter from Mr. Stefan Schweinfest, director of the United Nations Statistics Division, initiating the first global consultation of individual chapters for the revision of the SEEA EEA
- Cover note describing the revision process and its timeline as well as a general overview of the SEEA EEA
The global consultation will involve two phases: the consultation on individual chapters that will take
place progressively in the first half of 2020 and the consultation on the complete document expected to
take place before the end of 2020.
Chapters 6 & 7
The global consultation on Chapters 6 & 7 on accounting for ecosystem services is ongoing until 20 August 2020. Please find below the drafts of chapters 6 & 7, draft glossary of terms to support the global consultation and the comments form specific to chapters 6 & 7. All comments should be provided using the below comments form, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2020.
- Chapter 6: Ecosystem services concepts for accounting
- Chapter 7: Accounting for ecosystem services in physical terms
- Comments form for Chapters 6 & 7
- Draft glossary of terms (version from July 2020)
The global consultation on Chapters 8-11 on valuation and accounting treatments has concluded on 6 July 2020. The draft chapters 8-11 are available below and comments received will be published shortly. If you have any questions regarding the global consultation, please send us an email to email@example.com.
- Chapter 8: Principles of valuation for Ecosystem Accounting
- Chapter 9: Accounting for ecosystem services in monetary terms
- Chapter 10: Accounting for ecosystem assets in monetary terms
- Chapter 11: Integrated and extended accounting for ecosystem services and assets
- Comments form for chapters 8-11
- Draft glossary of terms (version from May 2020)
The global consultation on Chapters 3-5 on ecosystem units, ecosystem extent and ecosystem condition respectively, has concluded on 30 April 2020. The draft chapters are available below and comments received will be published shortly. If you have any questions regarding the global consultation, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chapter 3 on ecosystem units
- Chapter 4 on ecosystem extent
- Chapter 5 on ecosystem condition
- Comments form for chapters 3-5