Tools and Learning
A number of materials have been developed to assist countries in the implementation of the SEEA:
- The Implementation Guide and Diagnostic Tool provides an overview of the steps necessary to introduce a national program of work on environmental-economic accounting.
- Technical Notes are currently being developed to provide a 20-25 page summary of the key considerations when setting up a specific set of accounts, such as water or energy accounts.
- More detailed information, including the SEEA Manuals, international recommendations and compilation manuals can be found here.
UNSD has lauched a global e-Learning platform with online courses on the SEEA. The platform has a number of courses available, providing a wealth of information for those interested in learning more:
- Introduction to the SEEA Central Framework provides an overview of the main aspects of envrionmental-economic accounting. The course is available in Arabic, English, French and Russian.
- Our in-depth course on water accounts is aimed at those interested in compiling various water accounts such as supply and use of water in physical terms, and emissions to water.
- Other in-depth course will be added in soon; make sure to visit the e-Learning platform for new SEEA courses.