Latin American Geo Spatial Forum in Mexico City
Latin America Geospatial Forum (LAGF) is the largest and most prestigious annual conference on geospatial information and technologies organized in the region. Over the years, LAGF has brought together the most outstanding actors in the field, creating opportunities for conference attendees to learn about the most important issues of the geospatial domain through first-hand interactions with expert colleagues, emerging companies and established and eminences of the sector. The conference has gained recognition as a platform for global GIS professionals to connect and keep updated with developments in the geospatial field. This year’s conference which marks the 50th anniversary of the creation of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography of Mexico (INEGI) will be held in Mexico city, Mexico at hotel Sheraton Maria Isabel, Ciudad de Mexico from November 6th to November 8th, 2018.
Objectives of the Conference
- Discuss how technology will advance and be transformed according to the generation, distribution and application of scientific knowledge in the field of statistical and geographic information
- Provide a platform for meeting and networking with regional leaders, experts and think tanks of the environment, representing several strategic sectors of the Latin American and Caribbean countries that make up the National System of Statistical and Geographical Information and who give their vision and future direction to the industry
- To be a meeting platform for public and private sector experts to inspire, inform and keep up to date on the best strategies and practices for the success of their organizations.
Agenda for the Conference
- Integration of Geospatial Information
- Value of Geospatial Information and its Impact on the Economy and Society
- Public-Private Partnerships for Economic Growth